This is the red brick building on the approach road to the Memorial Hall. It was built in the 1920's in the style of the arts and craft movement and is still very well used. It contains 3 full size snooker tables and is well used.
In 2003 the Trust realised that the Recreational Club didn't comply with the new regulations on disability access, neither did it comply with fire regulations. The Trust applied for a grant to rectify these problems and received £20,000 which enabled us to build a ramp, fireproof the entrance to the boiler room, do some repairs to the structure, paint the outside of the building and replace some windows. Business in the Community (volunteers from WCBC helped with the re-decoration of the meeting room and kitchen.) This is a fine build which is currently being considered for renovation and improvement.
In January 2012, the Recreational Club was re-decorated throughout - why not pay it a visit?